FAQ’s – Learn More About HUGS
For your convenience, here are some of the most common questions and answers about The HUGS Foundation. If you are not finding what you want, you can reach out directly through our Contact Us page.
Q: What is the HUGS Foundation Mission?
A: Family Support is critical to the recovery of alcoholic and chemically dependent young people. The HUGS Foundation is dedicated to helping families in Northeastern Ohio, providing funds for treatment, travel and ancillary services not covered by insurance benefits. Additionally, families who have received help from HUGS will have the opportunity to help others in need of addiction recovery, thus creating an invaluable networking system.
Q: How many families has HUGS helped in Northeast Ohio?
A: The HUGS Foundation has helped over 300 families.
Q: Can you tell me a bit more about HUGS?
A: The HUGS Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization founded in 2008 by Dianne Vogt to bring Hope, Understanding, Gratitude and Serenity to families of chemically dependent adolescents.
We are the only local organization in Northeast Ohio to offer this type of support.
Our focus is to:
- Provide families with financial support who are in need of extended drug and alcohol recovery services for young people.
- Help to bridge the insurance gap for those who would otherwise struggle with the cost of ongoing treatment.
- Expect recipients to “pay it forward” thus growing a strong
- Work with treatment centers to offer scholarships.
Q: Why Do We Do It?
A: At HUGS, We are committed to bringing recovery to families in Northeastern Ohio.
We believe no one should be denied ongoing treatment due to lack of funds.
Q: How Can I Help?
A: Two Ways –
1) Make a tax deductible contribution to HUGS Foundation. ~ Mail to: HUGS Foundation, 12700 Lake Avenue #2106, Lakewood, Ohio 44107.
2) If you would like to learn more about HUGS or get involved
in our organization please contact:
Dianne Vogt at 216-521-5568